Friday, June 06, 2008

Slacker!

OMG. I have been a super-slacker when it comes to updating for the past month! No worries, I have been pestered for the past few days to keep up with things, so, even though I'm the only regular reader, I should keep writing!

Er. Um. I have lots of things to write about. Recent wine-related informations:

1. I purchased a ton of absurdly low priced Champers (ex. Aubry NV Brut $10).
2. It's suddenly August in Chicago--which means I go from drinking riesling 3 out of 7 days a week to all 7.
3. I have had a pinot noir epiphany. (And I also bought some redonkulously priced red Burgs.)

Mainly #1, and I have been addicted to the one of the most interesting, informative, and supremely focused vini-blogs out there. Read it now. Peter, you are my hero.
I also watched Mondovino for the first time. I just started reading Joly's new book (after reading Alder's fantastic review of it). I have the Alice Feiring's book to read after that. (Sorry, Alice, I adore you, but I have to read Joly first--the book is a little more dense than yours appears to be. and I got two bottles of his '04 La Roche Aux Moines for $12/each. What?!) And Eric's latest NYT article and blog post really brightened my day on Wendesday. I love working in an industry where I am surrounded by some of the most talented, intelligent, passionate, interesting, and humorous people EVER. This is a rockin' community. I am corny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home