Friday, May 25, 2007

30-Minute Nirvana

Yesterday evening I had to concoct some sort of dinner with the measly amounts of food I had on hand. I've been working on buying and eating much more simply now since the farmer's market can provide me with most, if not everything, I need.

salmon on arugula with goat cheese sauce

salmon fillet
a lemon
salt
pepper
dried thyme or herb of choice
dry white wine (for me, Round Barn 2006 Dry Riesling, Lake Michigan Shore)
butter
arugula
fresh goat chese (for me, Capriole chevre)

Place two pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil on the counter. Slice the lemon, placing three slices on the foil. Place salmon on the foil and gently sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Top with three lemon slices. Seal foul tightly and place on a baking sheet in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. When salmon is done, remove from oven to let cool. Place arugula on serving plate. In a small saucepan place about 1/2 Tbsp butter, let melt on med-low heat. Add salt, pepper, and thyme to taste. Add a squeese of lemon and a couple glugs of wine. Pour yourself a glass of wine. Let sauce bubble for a minute or two. Add about 2 tbsp worth of goat cheese and let melt. When goat cheese is melted, add any more wine to make a sauce that isn't too thick or too thin. Place hot salmon on arugula and drizzle with sauce and eat.

Mmm. And the apple brightnes of the Riesling brought me to the good place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home